Our Statement of Faith
We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
We believe in one God, creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
GOD THE FATHER
We believe in God the Father, creator of all things visible and invisible, who is true holiness, eternal power, infinite love, and absolute truth.
JESUS CHRIST (3)
We believe Jesus Christ is true God and true Man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Furthermore, He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and advocate, and in the person of the Holy Spirit, He indwells the believer.
HOLY SPIRIT (4)
We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict, regenerate, seal, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower for life and service.
We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore spiritually dead, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during this age. They are not, however, to be regarded as means of salvation or prerequisites for church membership (This church shall practice believer's baptism by immersion).
THE CHURCH (8)
We believe the true church is composed of all such persons who are regenerated by the Holy Spirit through saving faith in Jesus Christ, are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is Lord and Head and are commissioned for the God-given task of proclaiming the gospel to every person. Only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church. Every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
CHRIST'S RETURN (9)
We believe in the personal and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that this has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and eternal separation from God.
- 1 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:20,21; Matthew 5:18
- 2 Deuteronomy 6:4; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Revelation 4:11; Hebrews 1:3; 1 Corinthians 8:6
- 3 Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; 1 Corinthians 15; Hebrews 7; John 1:3-14; Romans 3:24, 25; 1 Peter 2:21-25; Acts 1:9, 10; 1 John 2:1, 2
- 4 John 16:8-13; 1 Corinthians 12:12 – 14:40; Ephesians 1:13, 14; Romans 8:9; Titus 3:5; Ephesians 5:18; 1 John 2:20-27
- 5 Genesis 1:26, 27; 2:17; 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:21, 22; Romans 3:9-23; Ephesians 2:1-3; John 3:36
- 6 Ephesians 1:3-14; 2:4-10; Titus 3:4-7; John 1:2; 3:16-36; 5:24; Romans 5:9, 10; 8:1
- 7 Matthew 28:19, 20; Acts 2:38; 8:12, 35-38; Colossians 2:12; Luke 22:12, 20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29
- 8 Acts 2:41, 42; Romans 12:5; Ephesians 1:22, 23; 5:23-24; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Acts 14:27
- 10 Malachi 3:18; Matthew 25:34-41; John 5:28-29; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:4-6, 11-15
- 9 Mark 13:32; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; John 14:3; 1 Corinthians 15; Revelation 1:7